jingles.jpgJingles…Farewell to the prince of my heart.

Just as the sunny days of spring began in Oregon, life became very sad with the passing of dear, sweet Jingles.

He put up a good fight battling Cushing’s disease. The loving vets at Santa Clara Animal Hospital were so great in helping me to help Jingles try to recover.  But it was became so hard for him sadly we had to say goodbye.

Thank you all for prayers, cards, hugs, remembrances and the beautiful plants that will truly keep Jingles living on in the backyard he love so much.

Here is a great poem I found written by a man for his pet:

I was your friend…I loved you well.
And was loved.
Deep love endures to the end and past the end.

This says it all doesn’t it!

Life is never the same. But the love he gave lives on in our hearts forever.  I just smile thinking of all the fun he and Ubee are having in God’s sweet land!

Jingles’ Life Story

This happy little 15 year old came to live with me just by accident. It all happened on the 23rd of December while I was dropping off a holiday gift to a client at The Santa Maria Town Center (Santa Maria, Calif.). I walked into the client’s office and there was this darling, but very frightened, puppy who had been dumped in the frenzy of holiday shoppers in the mall. The security team rescued him and took him to the management office and soon the animal control was coming to pick him up.

My client said I just had to take him home with me, I just couldn’t let him go to the “pound”. I was a little resistant to the idea because at home was Ubee, a giant Rottwieler/Shepard, that I was sure would eat this tiny guy for dinner.

It must have been the holiday cheer in the air. I gathered him up, and like any good pet person, took him to the vet. I asked the vet how I should introduce Ubee to this puppy. He said, in his southern accent, just let em’ sniff noses and see where that takes them.

On the way home I stopped and bought him a little red collar. I kept trying to think of names and suddenly with the holidays upon us, I thought “Jingle Bells”. It totally fit because this guy was just as happy as could be once we left the mall and all of the wild people. We instantly became friends.

In the back of my head I kept trying to think of how to introduce the 95 lb. Ubee to Jingles. When we got home, the cats immediately had to check out the new addition. They didn’t like him, but he loved them. I went out to the back yard where Ubee was in her favorite mode of playfulness. To get Ubee’s attention I always had to hold her head and make her focus on me. So with that I said to her, “Ubee, it’s Christmas and mama brought you a baby home. Now, you be nice to him when he comes out.”

So, I opened the door and out ran Jingles. Ubee was hot on his heels. I took a deep breath and went back into the kitchen to observe their behavior. By the time I turned around to look, Ubee had Jingles by the red collar just shaking him like one of her toys. Jingles loved it and when he got loose he jumped and jumped to hug her neck. A little while later I looked out the window and Ubee was laying in one of her favorite holes in the sunshine and Jingles was sleeping on her back.

That day was born a friendship that would last for twelve years. They were the best of friends. And just like that day in December, everyday I am so thankful for the Christmas gift of Jingles!